We’re here to accompany you. For any question or emergency call
- It is recommended that you take a mutual for the puppy . Veterinary fees can be very high if needed.
- Be very careful that the puppy does not fall . He can break his neck and die. Not on the couch, not on the bed, not upstairs, etc … Be careful when he / she is in your arms. Ex: 1 month ago, a client’s puppy begged her to sleep with her during the night. After 15 minutes, she finally gave in and took the puppy to her bed, then fell asleep. The next morning the puppy died on the floor because he / she had fallen out of bed during the night. The client underestimated this rule. She lost her puppy.
- Be careful that the puppy drinks water and eats . If the puppy is sad or in a bad mood for any reason, or because it is too hot; it is possible that he / she refuses to eat. If he / she does not eat, he / she will enter into “hypothermia” crisis. He / she will have no more energy and will seem dead to you. Do not panic. Mix water and sugar and put it in its mouth with a syringe or pipette. Wait a few minutes. The sugar will circulate in his blood throughout the body. 5 minutes later, the puppy will get up and recover his energy. You must feed it as soon as possible with its croquettes, pâté, chicken breast, ham, anything you want (not salty, not peppery, not spicy).
- In 2 or 3 months, the puppy will lose 50% of his coat and he / she will grow a little. He / she will look less like a teddy bear and will be less cute. Do not panic. It is a natural process called “moulting”. He / she loses his baby hair to leave room for adult hair. The hairs will grow back at the age of 10-12 months. It will be a huge ball of hair and you will be at the top of the fur.
- It is better to wait for his adult coat to go to the groomer . Never mop ! Cut with chisel.
- You must feed it only with fish-based croquettes (eg: Salmon-based Proplan Sensitive Skin(junior or adult depending on age) Salmon is full of vitamin B, which is good for the coat. cruel, but if you do not want any problem, you’ll have to feed it with salmon croquettes all your life.Also buy royal canine gastropatche if he / she kisses croquettes.
- Be very careful with toads and caterpillars . If the puppy licks a toad or a caterpillar, his tongue will swell, a lot of saliva will come out of his mouth. You must immediately rinse his mouth with a lot of water and call the nearest veterinary clinic to detoxify him. You have 30 minutes before the puppy dies. So be very careful in the gardens or park.
- Check around the age of 6-7 months if the milk teeth are falling . The baby teeth may not fall and disrupt the growth of adult teeth. This can cause deformation of the jaw.
- If the puppy is in good health, his fur is self-maintaining . Try washing it as often as possible (once a month) with a neutral pH puppy shampoo purchased from your veterinarian .Pay attention to his eyes and ears when shampooing with lukewarm water. Remember to dry your puppy well with a towel and / or hair dryer. Be careful not to burn the puppy with the hair dryer. If your puppy comes out and is not dry enough, he may catch bronchitis or other illness.
- Necklace or harness? A harness will flatten his fur. You will not have the most beautiful fur in the world. We recommend a round collar that does not flake fur. Buy his collar with your puppy to choose the right size.
- To educate it must be scolded authoritatively on the fact and never 5 minutes later. He / she would not understand. The more frequently you correct your puppy, the sooner he will be well educated.
- The puppy can do his homework outdoors if you have a garden , or on a pad placed somewhere in your apartment. It is necessary to put the pads always in the same place to facilitate the learning of the puppy to make his needs on the alèze.
- Your puppy can stay alone all day or all night . It must be ensured, however, that it is enough to drink and eat; and that there is nothing dangerous for him (stairs, electric cables, etc …)
- Do not hesitate to call us on 0033 7 67 85 50 40 for an emergency 24h / 24 7/7.
- Recommended drugs
Some molecules work better than others on some organisms. Each breed of each species of animal has its peculiarities. A puppy should not be bombarded with powerful chemicals (antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, etc …) except in case of infection or serious inflammation. The puppy must be allowed to develop his immune system. Many dysfunctions (diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, lack of appetite) are related to:
– water change, feeding
– because the pup has licked / eaten something toxic (bleach, microbe, bacteria …),
– because he has an allergy,
If the dog plays, eats, drinks and sleeps there is no emergency. If, on the contrary, he stays in his basket
all day long, and that he does not eat is that he does not feel well. It is better to consult a veterinarian.
After 30 years of experience with the Pomeranian Dwarf Spitz breed, club veterinarians have compiled a list of the most effective medications. We invite your vet to read it. Pom of love does not know the list of all the authorized molecules in France, only your veterinarian will judge the utility and the possibility of prescribing these drugs.
Antibiotics “eat away” stomachs. It is always necessary to accompany an antibiotic with Phosphaluvet gel. 1 to 2 ml 5 times a day which is a gastric bandage.
For bronchitis: the antibiotic amoxicillin is not the right one. It is necessary to use azythromizine in baby syrup, 5 days, dosage 1 mg per kg.
For stomach and gastro problems, one pill should be given buccal per day for 5 days, and fed with Royal Canine gastrointestinal pudding.
For diarrhea, give him felixdiarix 1 pill a day,
For skin problems, use Adaxio shampoo once; see a 2nd time 2 days later.